How Long To Wait To Stain New Cedar Deck
Preparing to stain a new deck is different from staining a deck that has already been stained.
How long to wait to stain new cedar deck. How long to wait before staining a new wood deck video how to clean and finish a wood deck video article how to maintain a wood deck video video transcript danny lipford. This is easy to determine with penetrating semi transparent stains. Staining or sealing a cedar deck has different rules than decks using pressure treated lumber.
However how long. Apply the stain if it soaks in its ready. New dry cedar decking not previously exposed to the elements may be finished immediately.
But if reapplying any product you need to clean your deck using a brush and soapy water. If mold or mildew is present it needs to be killed. Cedar is not exceptionally hard wood.
The short answer is around 30 days but there s a number of factors to consider. After it s clean you need to let your deck dry thoroughly prior to apply your. So here s an answer for you.
One of the things people often ask about wood decks is how long do i have to wait before i seal or stain the pressure treated wood. The best stains for cedar decking will last between six and eight years with proper care and sealing. Since cedar is all natural and chemical free it comes without any enhanced protection.
I had a new floor and top hand rail put up on my deck early fall last year the other part of the deck is still the original and in good shape but is painted. If it pools on the surface do it later. It s imperative that you never power wash your deck.
- Whitewashed Wood Round Dining Table
- Window Pane Framed Mirror
- Wire Led Lights To Light Switch
- Window Dryer Vent Adjustable
- Wire Magazine Racks For Sale
- Who Makes Connor Toilet Seats
- Wicker Wreaths To Buy
- Wire Baskets For Stone Walls
- Whitewashed Metal Wall Decor
- Whitehause Farm Sinks
- Wire Lampshade Rings
- Window Sill Extension Exterior
- Willow River State Park
- Window Looking Picture Frames
- Williamsburg Christmas Decorations Ideas
- Whitewashed Brick Houses
- Window Sash Pulls
- Window Scarves For Large Windows
- Wicker Patio Pe Wicker Umbrella Side Table Stand
- Winter Shower Curtain Hooks